Barnes's of Western NC

Homepage Forums Genealogy Forum Barnes's of Western NC

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dwood110308 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hugh Barnes
    Keymaster

Lauren’s input needed.

LBarnes806

Looks great on here and Works great too… DO I need to start a forum for western NC barnes ?

Hugh Barnes
    Keymaster

I think it is already started isn’t it? I am a little confused. Take charge Moderator.

Hugh Barnes
    Keymaster

Aren’t some of the people being discussed from Tennessee? ( ie Dempsey). I think we may need to broaden the topic name. What does the group think?

dwood
    Participant

I read article on “Deaf John” and notice that it starts with DAR patriot. Is this true? I could not find neither John Barnes or John Barns or his wife Ruth Elizabeth Fischer or Ruth Elizabeth Fisher in the DAR library. Does anyone have a DAR ancestor number for him? Is there any info on his children? He was my 5th great-grandfather.

Gramofseven
    Participant

I am searching for another set of Barnes that was born in 1780 Edgecombe, N.C.( William)…died in 1819 in Warren Co. To…he married Charity Phillips, they had 8 children..
    Some of this Barnes family then moved to Independence Co Ar….this linage is my great grandparent….Charles Bell married Eva Barnes Feb.1879….I am looking for a photo of Eva Barnes Bell.

dwood110308
    Participant

I have not seen any info on John being a soldier; only that he picked up a gun to keep the British off his land; their are DAR ancestor numbers for:
    Brinsley Barnes (1713-1794) Ancestor #A006290
    Solomon Barnes (1852-1807) Ancestor #A209285
    Thomas Barnes (1750-1823) Ancestor #A006407

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.