Barnes's of Western NC

Homepage Forums Genealogy Forum Barnes's of Western NC

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dwood110308 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hugh Barnes
    Keymaster

Lauren’s input needed.

LBarnes806

Looks great on here and Works great too… DO I need to start a forum for western NC barnes ?

Hugh Barnes
    Keymaster

I think it is already started isn’t it? I am a little confused. Take charge Moderator.

Hugh Barnes
    Keymaster

Aren’t some of the people being discussed from Tennessee? ( ie Dempsey). I think we may need to broaden the topic name. What does the group think?

dwood
    Participant

I read article on “Deaf John” and notice that it starts with DAR patriot. Is this true? I could not find neither John Barnes or John Barns or his wife Ruth Elizabeth Fischer or Ruth Elizabeth Fisher in the DAR library. Does anyone have a DAR ancestor number for him? Is there any info on his children? He was my 5th great-grandfather.

Gramofseven
    Participant

I am searching for another set of Barnes that was born in 1780 Edgecombe, N.C.( William)…died in 1819 in Warren Co. To…he married Charity Phillips, they had 8 children..
    Some of this Barnes family then moved to Independence Co Ar….this linage is my great grandparent….Charles Bell married Eva Barnes Feb.1879….I am looking for a photo of Eva Barnes Bell.

dwood110308
    Participant

I have not seen any info on John being a soldier; only that he picked up a gun to keep the British off his land; their are DAR ancestor numbers for:
    Brinsley Barnes (1713-1794) Ancestor #A006290
    Solomon Barnes (1852-1807) Ancestor #A209285
    Thomas Barnes (1750-1823) Ancestor #A006407

We apologize to the person who posted this long ago.  We have not familiarize ourselves with the forum software.

Brinsley Sr. being too old to fight swore allegiane to the Colonial government and gave horse hair to the militia which at the time was used for sutures. He also gave sheep.

Deaf John was in Kingsbury’s artillery unit which was a part of the Continental Army.  He was at Valley Forge with Washington (see an article on this website.

All of Brinsley, Sr. other sons, James, Brinsley II, Thomas, and Jehu serve in one of two Chatham County, NC militia units. 

Solomon’s DAR record is flawed.  It is attributed Solmon who died in 1807 in Wilkes and list his spouse as Elisabeth Murphree.  Based on pension applications the actual soldier was a Solomon who was born in Bertie County, NC in Dec, 1762 married Elizabeth Phillips died on 30 Oct 1833 at the age of 70 in Madison, Madison, Mississippi, United States. where he gave testimony concerning his service in the War.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.