Henry Harvey Barnes lineage

Homepage Forums Genealogy Forum Henry Harvey Barnes lineage

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Granny10times 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Granny10times
    Participant

I am the 2nd great granddaughter of Henry Harvey Barnes through his son William Anse Barnes, Sr. My Grandmother Amanda “Sis” Barnes was his daughter. I am curious as to where the connection to Brinsley Barnes comes into play. I have been working with several of my Barnes cousins and to my knowledge no definite link has been made to Brinsley Barnes. We are currently looking toward a possible connection to Dempsey Barnes and Sara Dew.

Granny10times
    Participant

PS. Joseph Barnes was my 4th great grandfather. Joseph>Mariah>Henry Harvey>William Anse>Amanda “Sis”> Geneva Valentine> Myself

Hugh Barnes
    Keymaster

Brinsley is proven by DNA between me and Lauren Barnes-Collier. To be statistically correct, we need to match with other testers. Have any of you had DNA test?

Granny10times
    Participant

Yes, quite a few of us have. My Uncle and Aunt, children of Amanda “Sis” Barnes have both tested. My brother and I also tested. These were the autosomal tests. None of the direct male Barnes descendants closely related to me have done a YDNA test. Lauren is my 1/2 second cousin through the Barnes line and my 2nd cousin through the Partons. Danny Barnes has tested. I don’t know if he has done the Ydna test. He is related to me through Barnes and Parton. Same kinship as Lauren.
    I am assuming that the link to Brinsley Barnes is through Joseph Barnes father of Mariah, is that correct?

LBarnes806

Yes we are connected to brinsley barnes somehow…It could be through Brinsley’s brothers or one of Brinsley’s children we have not confirmed that yet. Dempsey Barnes goes back to Edward Barnes and I am not sure if Edward Barnes is related to Brinsley Barnes or not. I suspect Joseph Barnes is son of Dempsey Barnes we just need to investigate it some more. I will try to see if either my dad or danny (my dad’s cousin) are willing to take a Y dna test those tests are kind of expensive.
    Keep me in the Loop if you find something new on our lineage.

Hugh and someone else I forget who it was has matched to my dad through the tests and that is how we found a connection to brinsley barnes and the million dollar question is HOW and Where?

Hugh Barnes
    Keymaster

The Y test takes years to resolve anything. I am in the Project now. We all need to get registered with GEDMatch and do a comparison with your people who have tested.

Granny10times
    Participant

All of our group are on GEDmatch and we have encountered some new matches within the last few days. Jean Dascenzio has been the lead in our circle and has been monitoring the chromosomal matches. She is the most knowledgeable about the matches. We have over 23 confirmed cousins (including Lauren).

Granny10times
    Participant

Also of note, Bettie Jene Ramsey is a descendant of Henry Harvey Barnes through his son Columbus Barnes. She has been a driving force in gathering documentation from various sources such as courthouse records. If not for her none of us would have half the information we do. Jean spends a lot of time analyzing the DNA matches. She has access to all the tests I manage and multiple others. Everyone match we come in contact with is encouraged to upload to GEDmatch. Jean and I use the Genome Mate Pro software to organize our matches.

Granny10times
    Participant

I have found a connection on my paternal line to Dempsey Barnes and Sarah Dew. This is through my Taylor>Shehan lines. This is not through my maternal Barnes line. Dempseu Barnes is the 2nd Grt Gramdfather to my @nd Grt Grand Uncle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.