HUGH W BARNES
P.O. Box 2558
Completion Date Issuing Institution Location Degree Received
06/1970 Appalachian State University Boone, NC Bachelor’s Degree
• Completed the requirements and serves as a WikiTree Genealogist on WikiTree.com.
• Develops genealogical studies and reports using the online system of WikiTree.com.
• Develops genealogical studies and reports using personal computer-based Roots Magic.
• Uses only original sources such as birth certificates, death certificates, wills, probate records, census records, draft registration, military records, church records and other original sources.
Traced the Barnes family of Wilkes County, North Carolina, from the present day, to their immigration from Ireland before 1734. Currently tracing the Oxford family of North Carolina and England and the Burks and Calhoun’s.
Proficient in processing requirements for membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) and the National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution(SAR).
Autosomal DNA tested with 23andMe and y-DNA tested with Family Tree DNA.
• Complete genealogical search and reports.
• Consultation services for individuals who want to conduct their own genealogical research.
o Counseling on resources available on the Internet, public records and published sources.
• Assistance with registering and or managing genealogical DNA research.
• Courthouse research in Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba and Wilkes Counties, North Carolina.
• Wilkes County, North Carolina Genealogical Society
• International Society of Genetic Genealogy
• Friends of the Caldwell County Heritage Museum
• Durham-Orange Genealogical Society
• Chatham County Historical Association