1240 Taylorsville Road, S.E.
Lenoir, North Carolina 28645-8312
Barnes Genealogy Research is a full-service genealogy service organization. We provide online, courthouse and genetic genealogy research.
Genealogical Services Provided
- Full-service searches of genealogical records in online repositories such as Ancestry.com, familysearch.org (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints), Wikitree.com to name only a few.
- Search for information available through the North Carolina State Archives for all North Carolina Counties.
- Consult with individuals who want to conduct their own genealogical research.
- Counseling on resources available on the Internet, public records, and published sources.
- Assistance with registering and or managing genealogical DNA research.
- On-site courthouse research in Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba and Wilkes Counties, North Carolina. Due to our extensive files in some of the above counties, some information may be available for only a few dollars.
- We use only original sources such as birth certificates, death certificates, wills, probate records, census records, draft registration, military records, church records and other similar documents.
- Assist or complete applications for membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) or Sons of the American Revolution (SAR).
Our principal researcher is Hugh Barnes. In addition to genealogical research for others, he is President of the Barnes-Oxford Genealogy Research Foundation, Inc. The IRS approved non-profit studies the following individuals and their descendants: Irish immigrant Brinsley Barnes, Englishman Solomon Barnes, the family of immigrant John Oxford and the history of North Carolina and it’s Foothills. The Foundation operates a website at https://CompetitiveStrategies.us. Volunteer family members conduct the research. This group includes five Ph.D.’s a State DAR Registrar and a World.Net/FTDNA Y-DNA Project administrator. He holds a B.S degree from Appalachian State University and is an adjunct professor teaching genealogy at two community colleges.
- Burke Genealogical Society
- Col. Alexander Erwin Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution where he serves as Secretary
- Durham-Orange Genealogical Society
- Friends of the Caldwell County Heritage Museum
- International Society of Genetic Genealogy
- Wilkes Genealogical Society