Julie resides with her family in Edgewood, Washington. Julie holds a degree in Telecommunications and Computer Programming from Highline Community College.
* She is employed as a Senior Systems Analyst for the City of Kent and has worked at the City since 1989 in various department positions.
* She is a current member of WAPRO, Washington Association of Public Records Officers and she enjoys writing and helping others write Public Records Requests to the numerous government agencies to helping them to receive needed and vital public information.
* She is currently serving as Treasurer of the North Lake Improvement Club and has held that position since 2007, previously holding the position of Vice President and President for 2 years. North Lake Improvement Club has existed since 1942. Having over 70 members, its mission is to keep community members connected and informed on current issues surrounding their North Lake Neighborhood and including all things City of Federal Way.
* From 2005-2010 she served as a member of the North Lake Management District in Federal Way, Washington. In that capacity, she worked with neighbors to secure a $5,000 grant from King County before becoming a part of the City of Federal Way. She later worked with neighbors and King County staff to write a grant to the State of Washington for $80,000 to clean up noxious and invasive weeds on North Lake. After working on the annexation of the area to the City of Federal Way, she worked with the city Surface Water Management staff and neighbors, to create the second Lake Management District in the City.
* As a past member of the WA State Master Gardener Program (also known as WA State Extension Master Gardener Program) she learned the skills to train individuals in the science and art of home gardening. Master Gardeners pass on the information they learned during their training, as volunteers, who then advise and educate the public in gardening and home horticulture.
* Her other diversions besides Genealogy and making new friends includes bird watching and sharing time with her husband, grandchildren and her aging but feisty Maltese dog, Maggie.
* Public Speaking
* Business System Analysis
* Software Documentation
* Training and Educating City Employees on Enterprise Software Systems